Light Records Michelle Williams will serve as a celebrity judge for the American HeartAssociation/American Stroke Association’s 4th Annual Most Powerful Voices Gospel Competition. The online gospel singing competition helps the association to educate people about stroke – the No. 4 cause of death and the leading preventable cause of disability in America.
The contest is open to independent artists, groups and choirs who sing gospel, holy hip hop, praise and worship music. Participants, who must be 18 years or older, may sign up at Power.watchgmctv.com and upload a video or MP3 file by Jan. 31. Family, friends – and fans – have until April 5 to vote for their favorite artists. Those who register to compete or vote will receive lifesaving stroke information from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
The grand prize winner will be announced April 30 and will receive:
- Opportunity to perform in the Central Park Summer Stage Concert in New York City with Light Records artists
- $2,500 for a trip to New York
- $1,500 cash and a digital single on iTunes from Light Records
- Personal coaching by a renowned Light Records gospel artist
- $5,000 in musical instruments and gear from Roland Corporation
- National recognition on GMC TV’s Digital Download of the week
The top 10 finalists and a lucky voter will also win prizes.